Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Journaling Day 1

Today has been a wonderful day so far! Sunny, beautiful day - still down here in Santa Ynez visiting family...it's harder and harder to leave every time...

As for food - it's a little tough to eat 100% well when I'm here - simply for the fact that I am not at my home and my mom doesn't necessarily stock the stuff I'm supposed to be having ;-) But I have done as well as possible. Woke up around 8:30 today, drank 16 oz of water over the course of a half hour as I prepped and then participated in a 60 minute conference call for work. Then I sat down for breakfast with my mom and had:

* 1 cup Kashi GoLean Crunch w/ Almonds
* 1 cup unsweetened plain soy milk
* 1/2 cup raw strawberries
* 1/2 cup coffee
* 1 tbsp half and half
* 1 splenda packet

I worked a little more - then at noon met my girlfriend Michelle for her lunch break and went to a great sandwich/salad place called Panino and had:
* 1 Curry Chicken Salad salad on a bed of mixed greends & balsamic dressing
* 1 Plain unsweetened iced tea

I then went over to my aunt's house she just bought and spent some time hanging out with her. She offered me a drink and I just had water - another 16 oz. I was craving something sweet, so she offered me her candy drawer. I opted against the candy and decided to have a small peruvian chocolate that has peanuts in it - comporable in size to two mini candy bars. Not the best - but satisfying ;-) I spent 15 minutes outside in her backyard admiring her growing garden and just sitting out on the back deck.

I then focused on studying for the rest of the afternoon. I drank another 16 oz. of water, and around 5:00, I had an organic gala apple, and wanted to have some nuts or almond butter with it but it was not available. 20 Minutes later, I remembered I had a half can of organic black beans with mixed vegetables I had brought with me in a tupperware, so I heateed them up and had those. I decided to add some fresh salsa to them instead of cheese, and they were delicious. I feel good! I decided to enjoy a little more sun so I studied outside for about 30 minutes.

For dinner - my mom, sister and I were a bit rushed because we had to help my mom pack for her trip to Peru the next morning - so we had some leftovers from her birthday party the other day. I went to the market and bought some great produce for a salad - organic red leaf lettuce, organic tomatoes, and avocadoes. AS we made dinner, I had about 6 wheat/flax seed water crackers from Trader Joe's with about an oz. of goat cheese and a glass of wine. For dinner, we had our salad with a little balsamic dressing, and made a version of peruvian "tacu tacu" which is Peruvian beans and rice grilled into a "patty" and a fried egg on top. YUM. I had another glass of wine with dinner - and 2 more glasses of water before bed. I am not proud to say this - but I had two cigarettes with my sister before and after dinner ;-( One was a camel light and the other a benson & hedges gold - the last one tasted so gross...so I am officially done. I realize I let myself go when I go home - partly because I am on vacation, and also because of my tendency to "go with the flow" and blend into my environment...since my sister, mom, and friends down there smoke - I just did too...but I was able to abstain around my friends this weekend, and it felt fine - great actually since I feel so much better when I don't smoke. So tomorrow I am a non-smoker - officially! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment