Thursday, June 4, 2009

Journaling Day 9 - Wednesday 6/3/09

I became a US citizen today!! ;-) Check out my other blog for the details...As I mentioned last night - I didn't like that I didn't get enough sleep - seems to be a pattern lately...I realize I have a habit of late night TV watching which I would like to cut down - and just in general, I think I try to cram entirely too much into my day - into my life!! Will work on managing that...and prioritizing a bit better.

Because I hadn't gotten a lot of sleep - I ended up waking up a little later than I wanted to which shortened my morning and didn't give me time to make a good breakfast. I did the best I could but ate it in the car which I hate doing!

Breakfast (8:00 AM):
* 1 c. Organic Multi-Grain Flaz Cereal (Nature's Path)
* 1 c. Unsweetened Organic Soymilk
* 1/2 c. Fresh Blackberries & Strawberries
* 5 Raw Cashews

The ceremony was pretty cool ;-) I had been in a bit of a funk yesterday and somewhat this morning - feeling a little homesick and kinda bummmed no one could be at the ceremony with me...but my aunt gave me a pep talk last night and made me feel better. As soon as I got to the ceremony, I was more excited than bummed, but I still wished I could have had someone to share the moment with. I would normally "celebrate" in some way that includes food and/or alcohol - but I resisted my urge to go out to eat and drove straight home to prepare myself a delicious and nutritious lunch ;-) On the way I had a snack that I had packed for myself:

Snack (12:00):
* Raw Cashews, Almonds & Pepitas
* Organic Braeburn Apple

Lunch (1:30):
* 16 oz Water
* 1/2c Black Beans w/ Pico de Gallo
* 1 Tbsp Hummus
* 2 Eggs Scrambled w/ Zucchini & Onions

After lunch - same as yesterday - sort of hit a wall and didn't feel like doing much...I felt really unproductive, and unmotivated to do much. Maybe it's the supplements? Maybe my body adjusting to no caffeine, sugar, etc.?? Maybe I'm just tired! My instinct was to beat myself up for being "bad", but I decided to just listen to my body and took a 45 minute nap. I got up at 3:00 to get on a conference call - felt a little better afterwards and actually started to get some energy back. I worked until 6:00 and decided to go for a walk and enjoy the rest of the day's sun. I did some yoga for about 15 minutes, then went for a 30 minute powerwalk. I came home to get ready to head over to my friend's house for drumming lessons - I've been doing weekly conga lessons for the past month and a half or so...but had not gone the last two times and was hesitant because it usually involves having a drink or two, and one of my friends smokes pot - so it's there as well. But I felt confident going there and not partaking...plus I thought the drumming and the company would be good for the soul ;-). My friend called and asked if I wanted to join them for dinner in San Mateo beforehand, but I was good and decided to make myself a healthy dinner instead.

Dinner (7:30):
* Power Smoothie w/ 1/2 pear

I'm proud to report I went over there, had a great drumming session, and even better conversation, and drank 3 glasses of water. So proud of myself and even more proud that I came home early, and went to bed my midnight in time to wake up with 8 hours of sleep for the first time in a while...good day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment